With a clear vision, strong community leadership and the generosity of many donors, Harlan and the surrounding communities have an exceptional facility that will improve health and wellness for generations to come.
The 44,439 square foot facility located at 1213 Chatburn Avenue opened its doors for business on August 20, 2010 with 782 membership units and 2,057 individual members. Today, we celebrate 1,398 membership units and 4,315 individual members. We have been overwhelmed with the outstanding response from this community and the surrounding area.
We offer something for all ages and levels of fitness. We emphasize family exercise and recreation. We provide childcare for those with small children for a nominal fee. If you aren’t yet a member, come and see what you are missing today!
For more information, please call us at 712.755.4344.
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Petersen Family Wellness Center/Lewis Family Aquatic Complex is to promote a collaborative approach to personal and community health to the citizens of the area. We are committed to provide opportunities that facilitate and support growth in the multiple dimensions of health: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, and environmental.
The Goals of the PFWC/LFAC:
*Offer programs and services emphasizing awareness, prevention, and positive health behavior changes
*Provide current and accurate information on personal and community environment supportive of a healthy lifestyle, and provide knowledge and skill to improve and maintain health that may enhance everyday lives.
Live Fit, Live Healthy, Live Well!
Petersen Family Wellness Center
Over 58 pieces of training equipment
- Matrix ultimate deck treadmills
- Individual strength sector stations including
- Chest press
- Pectoral fly
- Seated row
- Shoulder press
- Biceps curl
- Triceps press
- Leg press
- Leg extension
- Calf extension
- Seated leg curl
- Abdominal crunch
- Back extension
- Free weight training area with 3,375 lbs of heavy metal and 2,100 lbs of dumbbells
- Matrix functional training stations
- 4-stack multi-station offering an all-in-one workout
Full-sized Basketball court
- Features 6 baskets
- Can be converted into a volleyball court
- Available for racquetball or handball
- Racquets and balls are available at the front desk
Fun and challenging classes and designed by certified instructors
- Complimentary group exercise classes
- Personal training
- Fitness assessments, equipment orientations and personalized fitness programs
- Full service locker rooms
- Family locker room
- Dry sauna
- Kids Zone child care available to help assist parents with monitoring their children
Lewis Family Aquatic Complex:
- Four lane 25-yard lap pool
- Two water slides
- Lazy river resistance channel
- Hot tub with whirlpool
- Zero to 6’ depth in 83 degree water
- Children’s water gym & slide
- Complimentary Aqua-fit classes