One in five adults in the U.S. will experience a mental illness in a given year and around one in five teenagers will experience a severe mental health disorder at some point during their lifetime, according to Psychology Today.
May is Mental Health Month and brings awareness to the importance of mental health for people of all ages and break the stigma. Myrtue Medical Center’s theme for 2019’s Mental Health Month is Thriving, meaning that health is about your overall well being.
Myrtue Medical Center suggests eating a healthy diet full of nutritious foods, getting a good amount of sleep every night, exercising enough, and hydrating well because all of these affect our overall well being. Our mind and body are one unit and we need to take care of both equally in order for our mental health to remain stable and thrive. If you are looking for behavioral health and mental health treatment center, Myrtue Medical Center are the experts in spotting mental health symptoms and coping mechanisms like suicide prevention, diagnosing anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, helping PTSD, OCD, substance abuse treatment, stress, and more.
In order to change your mental health, you have to start by changing your habits. Myrtue Medical Center encourages everyone to focus on improving a few aspects of their daily routine in order to improve their mental wellness. Some of these include:
- Get 8 hours of sleep every night
- Eat 2-3 healthy well-balanced meals each day
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water every day
- Avoid sugar, processed foods, greasy fried foods, and saturated fats
- Exercise at least 30-minutes a day
- Avoid toxic thoughts, people and conversations
- Take some time for yourself every day
- Learn how to manage stress and avoid stressful situations
- Practice meditations daily
- Visit your doctor regularly for routine health screenings
Myrtue Medical Center provides high-quality, cost-effective health care services to improve the well-being of the people it serves. Small changes over time add up and will improve your well being and mental health. Call Myrtue Medical Center at 833-662-2273 to schedule an appointment or visit our website to learn more.