Petersen Family Wellness Center (PFWC) will join an estimated 1,000 local groups to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of National Senior Health & Fitness Day® (NSHFD) on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 to help promote active, healthy lifestyles through physical activity, good nutrition, and preventive care.
As an official event site, the Petersen Family Wellness Center (PFWC) will hold a health fair, physician presentations and other activities on Wednesday, May 30th from 8:00-10:30 a.m. Admission will be free to all non-members of the PFWC for this event.
According to Todd Alberti, Director of the PFWC, “Our Senior Health and Fitness Day is a wonderful opportunity for seniors to make, renew, and revitalize their commitment to live healthier lives through better health and fitness.”
The Senior Health and Fitness Day will include:
- Health Fair booths promoting wellness for seniors
- Three physician speakers discussing the following:
- Heart Health by Dr. Smer, Cardiologist at CHI Health and Myrtue Medical Center Specialty Clinic
- Colon Health by Dr. D. Bendorf, General Surgeon at Myrtue Medical Center
- Maintaining Your Mobility by Dr. Davidson, Family Physician at Myrtue’s Harlan Clinic
- Healthy snacks
- Cooking Demonstration
- Prizes and Giveaways
Join us on Wednesday, May 30th from 8:00-10:30 a.m. at the Petersen Family Wellness Center for a morning of health, education and well-being.